Wow, I can’t believe it has been almost a month since I started knitting the Neon Socks! eek! My knitting has slowed down a little the last month. I’ve been working on my sweater as well. And we have been super busy on the weekends, so not much time to knit.
But I do have an update on my socks this week! I finished sock #1 about a week ago. I’m really not crazy about this pattern. The leg of the sock is fine, its just the foot of the sock that I’m not particularly crazy about. And the heel was my first attempt at a short row heel & I wasn’t crazy on how it came out. And the fact that knitting the heel was stressful! LOL
So first up is the heel:
Even though I tried really hard to avoid little holes I have some…. I’m hoping once I block it they will go away but not sure. Also the heel seems a bit more square to me than my normal method. I’m hoping my second attempt of the short row heel on sock #2 is better. But for now, my first impression of a short row heel is not a positive one. LOL
And here is the foot of the sock:
Doesn’t it look huge? LOL Once I finished the heel and started working on the foot I was like huh…. this doesn’t look right. I checked my gauge, counted my stitches, made sure my gauge was still correct and it was, everything was is it should be. I did this probably 3 times while I was knitting the foot. So I don’t think it was me, I guess this is just the way the pattern is. It’s a fairly new pattern so when I checked on Ravelry to see if there were any other finished socks so I could compare but there were none 😦 I almost took everything apart & went for my well used, well loved basic sock pattern but I didn’t want to do that. Once I start something I don’t feel right stopping it. LOL
But I guess when it is on it doesn’t look too bad:
Hopefully I’ll get sock #2 done in the next couple of weeks.